Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
When do we collect your data?
We collect your personal information through different methods including:
- When you visit any of our websites, whether or not you buy products.
- When you purchase a product or service in store or by phone.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask one of our Employees to email you information about a product or service.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- Any individual may access personal data related to them, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about an Employee who provided that service, it may be passed on to them if requested.
- When you fill in any forms. For example, if an accident happens in store, an Employee may collect your personal data.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
- We collect data from publicly-available sources (such as Land Registry) when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
- When you use our car parks and shops which usually have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and Employees. These systems may record your image during your visit.
What Sort Of Personal Data Do We Collect?
If you purchase products from us, communicate with us, or do business with us, this will result in us collecting personal data about you. We will collect, store and use the following types of personal information about you:
- If you order product via our web sites: your name, gender, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone & mobile number.
- Details of your interactions with us through contact centres, in store, or online. For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, items viewed or added to your basket, voucher redemptions, brands you show interest in, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
- Copies of documents you provide to prove your age or identity where the law requires this. (Including your passport and driver’s licence). This will include details of your full name, address, date of birth and facial image. If you provide a passport, the data will also include your place of birth, gender and nationality.
- Payment card information.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit a shop or car park.
- Your car number plate may be recorded at some of our car parks to manage parking restrictions.
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered. Learn more about this in our section on Cookies below.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this policy.
Our website is not intended for children and we don’t knowingly collect data relating to children.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of ours and a large proportion of the world’s websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites.